At the Courtroom Warrior, Michael Louis Kelly is a highly acclaimed Los Angeles car accident attorney with several years of trial experience, impeccable negotiation skills, and a remarkable track record. Our attorney can assess your claim's value and help you recover maximum compensation in the shortest duration.
What is the statute of limitations for an auto accident in California?
In California, you have two years from the date of the injury or the wrongful death of an individual to file a personal injury claim. If you seek compensation for your damaged vehicle, you have up to three years from the date of the accident to bring it forth.
As a leading law firm with plenty of experience handling personal injury attorney settlements and verdicts, we offer legal advice and assist victims in filing claims and receiving fair compensation as soon as possible. Our personal injury attorney testimonials speak for the quality of our client etiquette and legal services.
What do you do if you get into a car accident in California? (#1 hire a lawyer)
Surviving a car accident can be one of those terrifying and appalling moments in life, leaving you clueless about what to do next. However, take a deep breath, pull yourself together, and carry on with the following steps:
- Call 911 if anyone in your car or the other vehicle has injuries.
- Call the police, and obtain names, addresses, contact information, and driver's license numbers from the other driver involved in the accident. Also, get vehicle identification numbers, ask to see a driver's license(s) and vehicle registration(s) to verify the information's accuracy.
- Obtain the name and contact information of any witnesses. Take photographs of the damages and the accident scene.
- Notify your insurance company immediately. Call an experienced personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles to assist you in filing a personal injury claim.
- If anyone faces injuries in the accident or the vehicle damage exceeds $1,000, you must report the accident to the DMV within ten days.
If you have enough reasons to believe that the other party was at-fault for your injuries, you can file a personal injury claim and seek compensation for your injuries, damages, and lost income. As the best personal injury law firm in Los Angeles, we have helped thousands of victims recover reasonable compensation from the at-fault party with our unsurpassed legal services.
Do I need to report the car accident to the California DMV?
Generally, any driver who goes through an accident in California must report it to the California DMV within ten days from the crash date. In this situation, an LA, CA, personal injury attorney can help you report the accident and seek compensation from the at-fault party fast and effectively.
Schedule a consultation with our Los Angeles Car accident attorney at 310-536-1000 to discuss your case's prospects. Do not let the medical bills, property damages, physical injuries, pain, and suffering go to waste. Let Courtroom Warrior help you get what is rightfully yours! Los Angeles Car accident attorney