Common Types of Serious Injuries Sustained in a Car Crash
A car accident can cause serious injuries to every part of a victim’s body. In Texas, we experience rollover accidents, rear end accidents, sideswipe accidents, pedestrian accidents, Uber accidents, truck accidents, and more. When you’ve been involved in an accident, it’s important to hire an experienced car accident attorney who can represent you in all legal proceedings.
Serious injuries caused by accidents in Houston, TX
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): This occurs when the brain is damaged due to an injury or a blow to the head. This can result in life-changing injuries that affect someone’s quality of life and ability to work or care for themselves.
- Spinal cord injuries: This type of injury can lead to paralysis. The impact of a crash can even cause long-term disability for victims.
- Back injury: Your spine isn’t made to be able to withstand heavy impact, so back injuries are common in all types of accidents. These injuries can be delayed in showing up after and lead to severe pain and loss of mobility later.
- Broken bones: Broken arms, ribs, legs, ankles, hands, or wrists are common in a car accident. Severity ranges from a simple break to a compound fracture that may require surgery to repair properly.
- Burns: If a vehicle catches on fire during a crash, a victim can suffer burns.
- Neck injuries: Some people experience severe disk injury or cervical dislocation due to the impact from a wreck.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: Some victims may experience from emotional or mental injuries as a result of their accident.
Call to Schedule a Free Consultation With a Houston Serious Injuries Lawyer Today
Serious injuries attorneys at Lassiter Law Firm have been helping those with serious injuries due to a crash in Texas for over twenty years. We are based in Houston, Texas and look forward to supporting clients throughout the Houston area, including Houston Metroplex, DFW Metroplex, Galveston, Corpus Christi, Austin and San Antonio, TX. If you or a loved one have experienced a serious injury, we are here to help. Visit our web page at legalteamhouston.com or call us at (713) 521 – 0104 regarding your free initial consultation today.